Saturday 23 April 2011

Brands April 11 - Double header.

I seem to say this every time now, but that was the best weekend's racing ever. It just gets better and better.

I won't bore you with the fine detail, but the highlights for me were are superb battle in race 1 with Austen. We spent virtually the entire race practically glued to each other. The closest racing ever. I seemed to be gaining around most of the circuit but lost out in the drag down the start/finish straight. It used to be the other way round so I'm not sure what's going on there!

Austen got most of it on video - here. Keep an eye on the rear view camera!




Race 2 highlight was a great start from me and a cheeky move past Colin up the inside at Graham Hill. I couldn't quite believe I pulled that off, and Colin was even more surprised. Sadly I let him past again later in the race at Paddock, but it didn't stop it being a really exciting race.
Of course the main attention was on Tim Gray who started at the back in Richard Wise's Sabre and stormed through the field like a man possessed. He came past me drifting it round Copse on the inside of me. I did think for a split second that he was actually losing it, but no, of course not. The guy is a genius. I real pleasure to watch. I almost wish I was watching that race rather than being in it, just to see Tim's performace (almost but not quite!).

It was great to see so many newcomers this weekend. There is a genuine feeling that RGB is the place to be at the moment and it has a great atmosphere. We are getting some great right ups in Autosport as well which is encouraging.

Here's some pics:



I have some news about my future as well. I'll do another post for that.
I will be at Snetterton. See y'all there.

No comments: