Thought i'd revive my blog and do a very brief update on what happened to me at Oulton Park.
Given what happened to many others I came away lightly with no damage so from that point of view it was a good weekend. However my first outing in class R didn't go exactly to plan.
Qualy was ruined for me by two things. Firstly the misfire that we thought we'd fixed came back. I don't think i ever got the revs into the green. Then I got myself in a right old flap with my new helmet. The visor was steaming up and I couldn't see a thing.
So I did my 3 laps (actually 4 I think in the end as i lost count!) and came in.
So back of the grid for race 1 which was still wet. Still had the misfire so I tootled round at the back trying to stay out of everyone's way. Not much fun.
So Tim got his wiring diagram out and had a go at something that he thought would fix the misfire. Obviously we couldn't properly test if before the race so I had to just give it a go. Thankfully race 2 was dry. It was clear from the off that the misfire was cured and I started to gain some places. I think I got 5 or 6 places before the first red flag. I just caught the back of that incident and had only a minor nudge from behind as a few of us arrived at someone else's accident. So the restart put me back at the back. Second time round I gained 7 places before the second red flag. I was starting to gain some pace which gives me some confidence that I'll work my way up the grid a bit more next time.
So, as I say, not a great weekend from a performance point of view but at least i came away with everything in one piece and the misfire fixed. Looking forward to Brands now.