Tuesday 10 March 2009

Car's ready - all set to go!

Just picked up the Westy from PDQ. My seat is now fixed. I have suffered from a very wobbly seat up until now. I was picked up on it by scrutineering at Mallory and I have been told by people who know about these things that fixing it will make me quicker.
The problem is it is difficult to support the shoulders as they are above the level of the rear bulkhead so there is nothing to fix it to at the top of the seat. Anyway, Larry has reinforced the seat itself and then fixed some aluminium braces at shoulder level. It is now more rigid than..well, insert your own joke here.. but I am very pleased with it.

I'll post some pictures when I get round to it.

So, all ready for Snetterton this weekend (14th + 15th March). My aim is to improve last year's lap time (assuming it's dry of course) and get a good race. Let's hope this season goes better than last year. Here goes...

No comments: