Tuesday 18 March 2008

Snetterton 16th March - A wash out!

Well the problems encountered at Silverstone are fixed. A rebalanced prop shaft and a new thingamigig in the whatsiname seems to have done the trick (sorry if that's a bit too technical for you). Anyway, I'm ready and off to Snetterton.

Sunday morning does not bode well. Up at the crack of dawn. Pouring with rain. This is not feeling like fun already! Ho hum. It's all experience in the wet - and boy do I need that.

A very boring 2 and a half hours later; still raining. There is talk of serious delays to practice. I get scutineered anyway. No problems thank goodness.

Waiting in the rain - I did at least manage to get my new numbers on!


3 hours of hanging about and then we are all told to go home. There is standing water on the straight and it is not considered safe.
I wonder how come Silverstone doesn't have that problem.
Well, nothing I can do. Put that one down to experience. I will think twice about even turning up next time though!

Next up - Brands, next month.

No comments: